Thursday, February 12, 2015

Lately- Feb 12, 2015

I have not posted in a long time but just wanted to do a little update on you. You are growing up so fast and it is so exciting to see what you discover each day.

*You have an obsession with the ipad. Immediately every night after dinner you walk into the living room saying, I pad I pad and pointing and looking everywhere for it. Youll go look where it last was in hopes of finding it. You love watching nursery rhyme songs on it...top favs are Wheels on the Bus, Head Shoulders Knees and Toes, Old McD, If youre happy and you know it. We usually have to limit the amount of time and then say all done for the night and usually youll freak out but youre getting better about it..youll eventually move onto something else.

You still love books..you like to open them yourself and flip the pages and lots of times youll say what you see..the animals name or sounds they make, or vroom, or brrr cold, or muah for kisses etc.

You love dragging the frying pans and lids across our hard wood floors. EEK we finally just had to give in and let you do it..well def need to have those refinished when we are done having kids.

Your new fav is to open drawers and reach up and grab all the silverware etc out and run them one by one to the living room and say thank you each time.

You love buses all of a sudden..you see them driving home and point and say Bus, Bus! I bought you the little peoples bus that sings diff songs from The Wheels on the Bus song.. You love it.

You have an obsession with saying the word baby. We have no idea why..maybe the girls at daycare? You call your fav teddy bear baby.. and you always call out for him and want him at bed.. you will call other stuffed animals baby too..youll see little kids/babies out and you'll say it too. Too funny! When staying at gmas you played with Avas dolls and would lay them down and say night night and put them to bed then wake them up and shake them ahah.

You like to lay on the floor or by a blanket and say night night and youll pretend to snore..its the cutest thing ever. I think we used to do it sometimes.. You just pick up on everything!

You love to say your name.. if we say Landon come in here or what are you doing..youll repeat back Landon! Landon! haha

You have had diff freak out tantrum phases...for a couple weeks you hated the bath...I think its bc you knew bed time was coming..the next phase was hating your high chair and not wanting to sit down to eat and wanted knowing to do with it..this past week its been going to bed in the dark we think we have figured out thats the problem. Typically after we read to you and laid you down in your crib with your baby (teddy bear) and two blankets we could shut the door and leave and youd go to sleep with out a peep..then all of a sudden you started freaking out and crying and standing up and screaming Mommy! Daddy! over and over and would want us to sit in your room until you fell asleep and then you were fine.. Last night I tried to leave your door open with the bathroom light on and you went to sleep without a peep. Im thinking maybe you are suddenly afraid of the dark? You wouldnt do this at nap time. I went and bought a night light at lunch so well see if that helps too.

With everything it can be frustrating at times..but I just have to tell myself that its just a phase and it too shall pass. There are other moments like when I rock you at night(holding you in my arms and you put your head on me, suck your thumb and put your other arm around me) after reading to you and sing to you.."You are my Landon" (you are my sunshine) and I think about how much I will miss rocking you before bed. You barely fit into my arms anymore (tear tear!) You will always be my sweet baby and I try to take in all these moments. Its really the only time youll let me cuddle/hold you anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment