
On Saturday night we had to rush you to the ER. I have never been so scared/terrified in my entire life. You have broken out in random hives since back in October around the time of getting all your shots. We didn't really know for sure what was causing them but eventually you just stopped getting them. We tried different things like changing your type of diaper, the temp in your room etc.
A couple weeks ago you randomly had the hives again. They typically would show up after a nap or sleeping and mostly on your face in blotches, occasionally a few random spots on your arms or diaper area. One day you had a fever and you had them all over. They always would just go away after a few hours.
On Saturday after your afternoon nap, you woke up with some red blotches on your face. We gave you some Benadryl just to be safe and within an hour or so they were all gone and you were always happy and playing.
We went out to eat at Mr Pizza and gave you some pieces of our pizza, mostly sauce/meat, some cheese bread. Nothing you haven't had before, also an applesauce pouch. We went home and you played for an hour or so before bed and you were fine. No spots or anything.
We decided to carry in our treadmill that we had purchased and we began putting it together in the basement. Around 845 or so you started to cry. Sometimes you will for like a minute and youll stop so I waited and then you didnt stop so I decided to run up and check on you. Your room is really dark and you ten to sleep on your belly so I just patted your back and you calmed down for a minute or so and then all of a sudden you were screaming. I picked you up and brought you to your rocking chair and rocked you..then you kind of looked up at me and your eyes looked a little weird to me. I thought maybe I was imagining it and then I turned the light on and your face was so swollen you could barely see your eyes along with all red. I screamed for Lee and rushed you downstairs. I was so freaked out. He yelled for me to call 911 so I did but then after thinking about it we thought we could prob get you to the hospital faster. I was shaking so bad, I managed to give you a dose of benadryl and off we went. I sat in the back with you and kept tapping you and talking to you. I was so scared you would stop breathing. You'd occasionally cough so that was reassuring. We rushed you into the ER and they took us right back. They put you up to a monitor to detect your breathing and the doctor rushed right in. They ended up giving you another shot of benadryl along with the epi shot. We then sat there with you for a few hours to see if the swelling would go down. It slowly did. They also later gave you some steriods by mouth mixed with choc syrup. You liked that. You started to look a little better but still puffy esp around the eyes. We were then told we could go home and to follow up with your pediatrician.
For the first time since we brought you home there was no way I was letting you sleep alone in your room. You slept in your pack and play next to our bed. I of course was not able to fall asleep at all and kept checking on you. IN the morning you looked so much better, just a little puffy under your eyes and occasional blotchy skin. Later that night your face got a little red again so we gave you some benadryl before bed just in case.
We kept going in every hour with our phone(flashlight) to check on you and make sure you werent turning red or swelling up. I was able to sleep a little but woke up a few random times to check on you. On Monday, you seemed back to normal.
We brought you to an allergy doc on Monday and they are running a bunch of blood tests for food allergies, pets etc to see if anything comes up. They arent 100% accurate but we still wanted to run them to see. We also were given epi pens for at home and daycare. I hope we never have to use them. I just hope we can get to the bottom of this. We have no idea what is causing this. We are so careful and wash all of your stuff separably with baby detergent. We have not given you any new foods etc.
I am so nervous to give you anything to eat now. I just want to figure this out. I hope these tests give us some answers or at least give us the peace of mind that its not a certain food causing it.
Grandma swears its our cat Bella. I sure hope not. The doctor said most likely not because you would get like this all the time with being around her.
I am still just sick to my stomach and worry about you all the time. I just want to get this figured out so we never have to go through this again. Poor sweet baby!!!
Oh no, how scary! Glad you were able to get him quick medical attention and hopefully you will have some answers soon!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete@ i carry your heart
DeleteThanks! I have never been so terrified in my entire life. I still am not sleeping well at night. I have to check on him. We got his allergy tests back and everything came back negative so still in the dark as to what is causing it:( That is what scares me the most! Im debating bringing him to a different specialist at Mayo here in town.