Monday, March 21, 2016

Big Boy Bed

We made the transition to the new big boy room and sleeping in a big bed. I cannot believe how easy it was.

Our plan was always to move Landon into our spare room. We started by painting one wall green which is very bold on my part. I always stick to very neutral paint colors. I ended up loving it. I wanted a room that will grow with him and not something super babyish that would force us to have to continuously change it up. We went back on forth whether to keep the queen bed we already had in there or to buy him a full size bed set, or a queen bedroom set and put the headboard in the basement guest room. We needed a dresser regardless and it was hard to match the current head board that was in there.

After looking at the room with the queen bed we decided it just took up too much space and decided to go the full size route. I did not ever want to buy a toddler bed (in my opinion a waste of money) and a twin didnt seem practical either.. We still wanted the option for guests if they stay over to have somewhere to sleep.

We had gone a couple times shopping with Landon but he would get mad and whine and say he wanted to go home. My mom drove over one Sunday and we went off to find something. We ended up finding something within 45 mins. There are not many options for full size beds. We just went with a neutral brown headboard, nightstand and dresser (wo the mirror) we then picked out a decent mattress.

It was delivered the very next week. We put on the bedding ( I had purchased on sale months earlier).

When we showed him his new bed he was so excited jumped up and down and jumped on it singing no more monkeys jumping on the bed. haha

On Friday night he was laying in it saying oh its really comfy(sleeping on the pillows). haha I really thought he might sleep in there but when we asked him if he wanted to he decided to take a pillow back to his crib instead (hed never slept with a pillow before).


On Saturday afternoon we asked him if he wanted to nap in his big boy bed and he said yep and went to sleep without a peep.. We had to go wake him up he was in such a deep sleep. That night we read to him in his bed and said good night and there was no hesitation at all. He even slept in till 8 am the next morning which is unheard of.

I was shocked how easy the transition was and when I walked into his old room (nursery) I got so sentimental almost tearing up. My baby was out of his room and crib. Not sure if its the hormones or what hahah. It is sad hes so grown up and not my baby anymore. hahah Thank goodness we have another baby brewing to fill the void. hahah

On Sunday we proceeded to move over all his clothes and things and hung up a few things I had purchased for the walls to make it seem more kidish.

*Also thought Id mention back in mid January we took the front off of his crib to get him used to not sleeping all caged in. He had never climbed out. He was so nervous and all freaked out. We put up a side guard rail but he was so scared. I felt awful and wanted to put the crib front back on but we didn't. I sat in his room till he fell asleep. The next day at nap/bed he went right in and was fine. So Im glad we stuck it out. He also never climbed out.. hed always wait till we were in there and would call for us to come get him. haha


Oh sweet boy you are getting too big!!


No comments:

Post a Comment