We had one lil stubborn dude that did not want to come out on his own so our scheduled induction date-Aug 8th(10 days past due date) kept creeping up closer and closer. The night before I called the hospital and they said to we were a go to come in at 8 am the following morning but to call at 7 am the next day to be sure they still had room for me. We had everything ready to go and in the car and I called at 7 am to be told that they could not take us and to call back at 11am to see if they could then. Not the news we wanted to hear... Lee dropped Landon off at daycare and then came home and mowed the lawn and I tried to keep myself busy reading and watching hgtv. At 11 am I called the hospital back and they gave us the go ahead to eat a light lunch and head in. We got to the hospital a little before noon and got checked into our room and waited for the doctor to arrive to recieve our plan of attack.
The doctor got there and inserted the first round of cervidil--pill into my cervix..you cant get up for an hour after its placed and its suppose to last for up to 3 hours and get contractions started...I was at 2 cm dilated and 20% or so effaced...so some progress since the last time I was checked. Eventually I could feel contractions but nothing too awful..we walked the halls and I bounced the exercise ball off and on. At 3pm the doc came back and I was still at 2cm but more effaced and the head had dropped down some. He inserted another pill to do another round of the cervidil and said hed be back in 3 hours to check me. Three hours later and the doc still hadnt been back..we ordered a light supper from the hospital cafe-(not great food) and waited and waited. My contractions were starting to get a lot more painful and frequent so I constantly had to be hooked up to the monitors to monitor babys heart rate and my contractions.. They tried giving me a portable monitor to wear like a purse so I could move around but it kept going off as if the babys heart rate was 0 which was not the case. So annoying...big change from being able to move around at home while in labor with Landon and barely making it to the hospital. The pain was/is way worse laying down in bed then moving around.
Around 10pm or so the nurse seem concerned that the doctor was still not there and kept saying oh he must have ran home to get dinner...really? Shes like do you want me to check you and then I can call him and ask what the plan is? YES! She checked me and said oh you are a 2 and completely effaced.. A 2? I was so frustrated how could I only be a 2..she also kept saying oh we need those contractions stronger like you cant breathe or talk to get things moving..um I never really felt that bad with Landon... shes like they look like they are strong and frequent..you must just have a strong pain tolerance... She then got an older nurse who came and checked me and said I was really a 5 not a 2! Good grief. She called the doc and he told her he was on his way back in.. 2 hours later..at midnight he finally came and checked me. I was like um well one nurse said Im a 2 and the other said 5. He checked me and thought I was 5-6 and asked if he could break my water...YES. In my opinion this could have been down hours earlier..where the f have you been dude is what I wanted to say.
After breaking my water my contractions were awful...we tried walking the halls a bit but it felt gross with water gushing out...then they continued to monitor me too so I couldn't be out of bed that much. I kept saying I didn't know how much longer I could do this the pain was getting really intense and not being able to move around was just making it so much more awful. Around 2 am I was thinking I was ready to get the epidural..I asked the nurse if they could check me to know if Id made progress or get a gauge for how much longer Id have to go through this...shes like well no hell prob check you in 4 hours..they dont like to check alot after your water is broken bc there's a risk for infection. 4 hours?!?!??! I said I want the epidural even though I was freaked to get one. I had nothing with Landon.
The anesthesiologist came in at 230 and gave me the epidural..it wasn't bad at all. Lee almost passed out and slowing sat on the floor our short nurse tried to help him. After I got it most of the pain was gone..I could still feel some contractions on my right side but not very intense..my legs were numb and shaky. A little before 4 am the nurse asked how I was and I said I felt nauseous. She asked if I wanted her to check me to see if I was close and sure enough I was complete and ready to push. She asked if I was ready to push or wanted to rest a bit first..NO lets get the show on the road lady. It was much harder to push with no feeling in your legs or being able to feel the contractions..I really needed people to hold up my legs for me too. Compared to Landon I could feel each contraction and knew when to push. We woke Lee up to help and he was feeling nauseous...prob due to it being so early in the morning and not eating for a while. A few pushes and she said she could see the head and kept calling for the doc to come. They told me to stop pushing but he still wanted to come out and proceeded to come...They pressed the emergency button to get him to hurry up and finally he came in, just in time to catch the baby. They put him on me and he instantly screamed... When they finally weighed him I was shocked how big he was bc everyone kept telling me how small I was this time and I did feel smaller than I was with Landon. I suppose he was 10 days late..
Brayden William arrived Tuesday, Aug 9th at 4:!7 am, weighing 8 lbs 8 oz, 20.5 inches long..a FULL head of blonde hair.
We had decided on his name a little before we went in for our ultra sound...when I knew it was another boy I wanted the middle name to be after my grandfather William. William is also a family name on my moms side.
We are very excited to be a family of 4.
No comments:
Post a Comment