We drove down to WI for you first Thanksgiving. We left early Wed morning so you could spend the day with Gma and Gpa. You slept most of the way there until we stopped in the Dells so mom could go to the Carters outlet store quick. hehe! I so wish we had one of those here but Id prob go there every week and buy you stuff. haha We got to Gma/Gpas around 1130 and had lunch and played for the day.
On Thanksgiving morning, we drove an hour away to Gpas sisters house on the farm for the first huge potluck. There were so many people there and most you were meeting for the first time. I was nervous how you would do with all those people but you did pretty good. You didnt really nap for very long but you didn't have any melt downs so thats good.
We gave you some mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes mashed up, and some green bean casserole(which was your fav) haha. Mine too!!
After, we got back in the car and drove a half hour to Lees gpas house for the second huge family potluck. There weren't quite as many people there as usual but still quite a few. You got to see a lot of people again and they were amazed at how big you have gotten. We stayed and had dinner and then after we put you in your pjs and took off for home. You slept the whole way and woke up once we pulled into the garage. I got you back to sleep pretty quickly but you woke up around 11 or so screaming. I had to get you to sleep on me first and then put you in your crib and you slept till morning. I think you were just overtired and overstimulated from all the people and driving.
No comments:
Post a Comment