On Tuesday, July 16th it was time for me to head back to work:( So sad! The 12 weeks went by tooo fast! Everyone tells you that and you never believe them. I thought I would get so bored at home and would be anxious to get back to work, boy was I way wrong! The time at home with you just flew by.
I know I should be grateful for the time I had at home with you but I wish I had even more. I didn't think I would get so emotional having to leave you but it was so hard. I even just had to leave you home with daddy for a couple weeks too and not even to daycare yet. I woke up that morning and as I was getting ready I kept tearing up; just the thought of leaving you. I knew you would be just fine home with your dad and it would be good for you two to have some bonding time but I still just could not stop the tears.
When I went downstairs, Lee was kinda teasing me like oh are you crying yet...yep I was:( I hadn't even left the house yet. I couldn't even look at you. Its amazing how attached you get to such a little person. hehe I finally gathered up my stuff and headed out. I couldn't even say goodbye to you:(
Once I got in the car and headed to work I pulled it together. It was very hard to walk up those stairs to my office. Everyone was so welcoming and stopped by to welcome me back; which helped me a lot. They all asked how you were doing and told me they were happy to have me back. Keeping busy that day with meetings and catching up def helped.
I did run home at lunch to see you and you of course you were just fine with dad. I managed to get in a few cuddles and smiles while I was home. One perk of living just a couple mins away from work. I overall survived my first day back. I know one thing is for sure though, Dad will be dropping you off on your first day of daycare! I know I would lose it. haha Ill handle the pick up!!! Im sure with time I will be able to drop you off just fine too!!
No comments:
Post a Comment