Thursday, July 18, 2013

First Overnight away

Kenny Chesney Concert- Target Field




On July 12th, we headed up to the cities for our first overnight away from you. We had had grandma babysit for a couple of days while we were both in a wedding but we were always back home at night. Auntie Dana came and watched you until Grandma Ann could drive over after work to take the nighttime shift.

We headed up to the cities around 2pm and got to our hotel. We dropped off our stuff and I waited to the last possible minute to pump before the concert; while enjoying a beer. haha I felt soo classy! LOL. They say that's the best time to drink if you are going to. I was planning on pumping and dumping that night anyway to have a night out with a few adult beverages. haha

We walked to Target Field from our hotel and stopped at a cowboy themed bar..I think it was called Cowboy Jacks and had a couple of beers and ordered some appetizers. It was so weird to be out together without the baby and in a bar too. haha We then headed over to find our seats and we missed the first opening act Kasey Musgraves but we weren't too interested in seeing her anyway. Eli Young Band and Zac Brown Band then performed. Kenny didn't come out until 9pm..which we figured it would be later. By about 1030 my boobs just could not take it anymore so we decided to head back to the hotel and miss the end of the concert:( So sad but we prob missed the huge crowd leaving as well. Its kind of a long concert too 5-11pm. They prob should cut out an act or two bc it makes for a long time to sit there. Oh the joys of pumping...haha you cant just be out as long as you want. I really had pushed the time limit of going without pumping too.

We had thought about going out after I pumped but we were both so exhausted and decided to call it a night. It was so nice to have a full nights sleep..even though I woke up early to pump.

The next morning we were anxious to get back to our little babe and headed right home. You had a great time with Dana and grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment